Staring down the barrel...

>> Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tuesday marks six weeks since surgery.  It’s also supposed to be the day that I am allowed to chew again.  I am getting excited – so I hope Dr. D doesn’t let me down!

One could probably infer that I am feeling more like myself since I haven’t been updating quite as often.  I decided since it’s been almost six weeks since the surgery that an updated photo was needed. 

Forgive the poor lighting… look at the progress and not my poor photography skills. :-)

DSCN0100 

 



DSCN0104

You can’t see it – but my chin still feels a little swollen to the touch.  I also still don’t have full feeling back in my chin and lower lip.  The right side is coming back much slower than the left.  As The Mr. has said, at least I’m not a drool factory.  So things could have been a lot worse.

Aside from chewing, the second highest thing I am looking forward to is getting the hooks out of my mouth.  With my jaw moved forward, the lower hooks really dig into my lower lip.  When my jaw wasn’t fixed – none of them bothered me at all.  Interesting how that works, huh?

Let’s hope for a good report on Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP