Day 3...

>> Friday, February 3, 2012

Today was eventful – I actually got to leave the house! 

Last night was fine.  I slept through most of it and took my ice off my face around 2am or so.  I slept for another four hours after that – it’s the little things, right?  I feel like such a six month old (have I mentioned that already? I think so…moving on).

Here’s my face shot for the day – this was before we went to the doctor’s office for a follow up.  I actually got up, bathed, got dressed and combed my hair.  Woah!

OMG - my face feels huge!

The swelling on the right is worse than on the left.  This same phenomena happened with my wisdom teeth.  If I were a betting person and had someone to bet with – my right side will go down in the next day or so and the left side will flair up.  That’d be my guess.  If I blew the picture up some more, you could probably see the green-ish bruising on the sides of my chin.  From the surgeon’s big ol’ man hands. 

I got a good report at the doctor’s office today.  They cleaned up my teeth and said that I had been doing a good job keeping them clean.  It makes sense because I don’t like feeling like I have a nasty mouth!  They took an x-ray of my mouth when I got to the office.  It’s so wild to see the “blank” places in my mouth where the jaw moved forward.  The estimations are on the left about 10mm (or 1 cm) and the right 7-8 mm.  Think about that – one centimeter?  That’s like >___< that far…or so. Whatever.  Apparently I look great as far as the swelling goes and I’m “leaps and bounds” ahead of most other people who go through this.  I suppose I am just an overachiever.  My bite is a little off to the right – but with some muscle training we can fix that.

It’s supposed to be downhill on the swelling from here.  I can tell a difference already between how I feel tonight and how I felt this morning when I woke up.  Each day should be easier and I go back for another appointment with the doctor on Tuesday afternoon.  Then he will take out the stitches on my face (which the tape is starting to itch a little now) and I’ll get inspected and cleaned up again. 

Besides the doctor’s appointment today – I also started on one of my puzzles.  I took a much needed nap.  I also went for a walk in the neighborhood and saw a few neighbors.  It was nice to get out and get some fresh air.  I hate sitting around all day – but I know I need to right now. 

Our next door neighbor, Cara, stopped by today with a little gift bag.  She’s so sweet – she brought me some supplies to make some strawberry-blueberry smoothies.  She knows how much I enjoy a healthy little smoothie! :-)  She brought enough for three and I said “Yay! Three smoothies for me!”  The Mr. says, “Three?  I get one of them!!” ha.  He’s so funny.

This weekend will probably be slow.  I have no real plans for the Super Bowl – obviously.  I thought one of the neighbors was going to do something so then at least he could get out of the house and be social.  I am sure he’s tired of just looking at me all day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP