Day 2: Post Surgery

>> Thursday, February 2, 2012

I didn’t take a picture today.  I could take one now but it may as well apply to “Day 3: Post Surgery” at this point, right?

Nothing new to note today.  My jaw doesn’t ache like it did a yesterday or this morning – so that’s a positive.  The pressure in my face and neck is really what’s getting to me.  My mouth is so swollen that the braces and rubber bands are digging into my lips.  Apparently most people are still numb at this point.  For me, the left side of my face started waking up shortly after surgery.  Today was full of the “pins and needles” on the left side of the face.  My right side of the face looks like a victim of some sort of abuse.  It’s rough. 

I felt pretty crummy this morning – but I think that was in part of still getting all of the hospital drugs out of my system and my body trying to overcome that hump.  The day passed by just fine.  The Mr. and I hung out some this morning at watched some TV.  He ran to Wal-Mart pretty early looking for a few things to make me more comfortable (like something better for me to take my antibiotic and some more ice packs).  I sat downstairs some while he watched a movie.  I tried to watch the movie but my body wanted a nap – so I napped instead. 

The weather outside was beautiful – so I sat outside for about an hour and a half or so.  Who’s ever heard of the temperature at the beginning of February having a high of 73?  The groundhog apparently decided we’re going to have 6 more weeks of winter.  Do you think that means we are going to now have 6 weeks of winter?  Or will it be more of the same?  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!  Six weeks from now I’ll be able to chew again – so that’s just a hop, skip and a jump away! 

Food today went okay.  Breakfast was Muscle Milk and Orange Almond Smoothie.  Lunch was some apple juice and a bowl of Chicken Tortilla Soup (blended up quite nicely).  I had some juice and coffee in the afternoon.  Then for dinner I had a Raspberry-Nut Smoothie.  All were very good.  I’ll have to blog the recipes for these when I feel a little more up to that kind of a task.

Frankie D came for a visit after work today.  It was good to see him.  He brought me some things to occupy my time – like a couple of puzzles and the old classic book “Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus”.  It wasn’t until that book was sitting on my coffee table that I realized that it was written by a man… what’s a man know about a woman anyway?  :-) 

Cleaning out my mouth is tiring in and of itself – but I always feel so much better after I have cleaned it!  My lips are chapped like crazy but thankfully I can’t feel it.  If I could, I can’t imagine how bad it would hurt with all this skin just schleffing off of them. 

I think that’s a pretty good recap of my super-duper exciting day.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. D.  We’ll see what he has to say about how I’m coming along.  He’ll probably call me sweety a few times and tell me it all looks good.  Then I’ll ask him why he did such a number on the right side of my face…  we discussed my bite not being aligned exactly right yet – so maybe we’ll work on that tomorrow or Monday as well.

Onward and upward!

…for the record, I can’t imagine being in some kind of accident and then waking up like this with my jaw wired shut.  It’s mentally taxing enough to do it all with a year’s notice – but to get slammed in the face and bam – you’re on a liquid diet and miserable?  That would blow


Lauren February 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM  

I'm sorry you had a rough morning. I hope the pressure subsides and you start feeling better soon!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP