Monday Morning Banter

>> Monday, August 16, 2010

I have a few random things of note for this overcast, ice cold office, Monday morning.

  1. Coming back from vacation was hard. So hard in fact, I forgot to set my alarm this morning. Good thing The Mr. had his set. We would've been in for a world of hurt.
  2. Today was the first day of school here. For the past three years, one of us has said to the other on this day "OMG! (the letters, not the words -you know, all Valley Girl High Schooler like) Are you excited about the first day of school?!?!" And the other says "No. Not really. Parking at the stop sign, way too much traffic, people driving under the speed limit because they don't know where to go.... ugh"
  3. Speaking of people not driving the speed limit: it did happen this morning. It is NOT 30 mph or 35 mph. It is 45 mph. The gas is on the right.
  4. I left the house early enough today to avoid the Stop Sign Parkers. Apparently, even though it is against the law and people don't consider how dangerous it is for cars to be passing them at a stop sign, to make a left in the neighborhood, AT THE BUS STOP where other people's children are CROSSING THE ROAD - our stupid neighbors do it anyway. It makes my blood boil. The first person who does it this year is going to get an earful from me because I'm just not going to take it anymore. I'm sorry your child can't walk AT MOST 3/4 of a mile to the bus stop, ON THE SIDEWALK, in the NEIGHBORHOOD. I know it gets cold outside. And I know it's going to get dark outside when the bus comes. I know, I know, I know. But for pete's sake!
  5. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate at work. I'm going to be up to my eyeballs until the beginning of September... Labor Day, here I come!!


post signature

1 comments:

Beckie August 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

I totally agree with you on all aspects of the first day of school. Those stupid stop sign parkers drive me nuts. There are plenty in my neighborhood and they don't always "park" on the correct side of the road, either. Lucky for me, school hasn't started for all schools, but next week will be here before I know it. Ugh.

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP