Fabulous Fabric

>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

Do you remember this post? Where I asked for help on finding good - but inexpensive - fabric?

Well, I did. I found it about 2 months ago - and I'm just now getting around to telling you about it.

Clemson Girl told me about this fabric store that is about an hour from my house. It is a mecca of cheaply priced fabric. It is so awesome.

Here's what I came up with for making my own roman shade for the back door. I liked the geometrics of the fabric below, the colors were pretty neutral for the yellow-orange paint on the wall. The only problem with it is that it's not quite long enough to do the whole window. I need to find a solid color to go at the top and bottom of the shade - and then I'll be all set.


What do you think? What color should I get for the top/bottom of the shade to sew it all together?

While I was in this fabric mecca, I found some other fabric that I picked up and just couldn't put back down. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it (yet). But I am bound and determined to figure something out!
Suggestions??


Look at that - $7.50 for 1.5 yards of embroidered fabric? You can't beat that.


post signature

4 comments:

Desiree Lynn July 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

I love it! Congrats on finding something. I need to sew something soon. My project stack is piling up...

Tiffany July 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

I have no suggestions, but I wanted to tell you that I LOVE the fabric you picked out. If you want to send me the one with the flowers, it would look really pretty in my kitchen. :)

Anonymous,  September 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

Love the fabric for the shades, can't wait to see the finish product!
There aren't many places anywhere near my hometown for fabric..sooo frustrating!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP