a little help, please

>> Friday, March 5, 2010

I really like this fabric. I like it a lot. And I liked it enough to seek it out to potentially make a roman shade for my back door in the morning room. I first saw this fabric on a blog post about a bathroom at Odi et Amo's blog.

She also links you to the place where you can trade a kidney for purchase this fabric. The website is Avid Home and the fabric is gorgeous. Just, not in my budget. $49/yard is a little steep. Especially since due to the width of the fabric, I would need TWO yards. Oye.


{source}


And here's the aforementioned door again. I want need something to cover that window. I'm sure our neighbors would love to not watch us eat dinner every night.

Here's where you come in... I need help either deciding on one of these fabrics OR finding something else to go on that door. I plan on making my own shade, unless you blogger friends of mine, can find a shade that is cheaper.

What am I looking for? Something simple. Geometric patterns are nice. Something light and airy because I will be, at some point, hanging sheers on the wall of windows. I like the gray in the first fabric - but I'm not married to gray.

I plan on making a no-sew roman shade. You know, the kind you use mini-blinds to make? Tons of information here if you haven't heard about these.

Here are some current options:


{source}
$14.98/yard


{source}
$12.98/yard


{source}
$8.98/yard

What do you think?? Or should I continue to shop around??

post signature

7 comments:

Amy March 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

....I don't really have a preference, except i feel like the second one looks like a fence. And im not sure you want to be fenced in.

Megan March 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

I love the original (I know, I know, out of budget. Grrrr).

So, instead I choose the last.

Cheerful Homemaker March 5, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Have you been to JoAnns or Hancock Fabrics to look around? They have a lot of great stuff and it's muuuuuuuuch cheaper than $49 a yard.

Renee March 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

I think I actually like the 3rd one better than the first.

Jenny Free Style March 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

I really like the 2nd and 3rd...and the price is *much* better.

Elle March 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

2 or 3, or, check out Phat Fabrics...
http://pretty-ditty.blogspot.com/search/label/Phat%20Fabric%20updates...

Desiree Lynn March 12, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

OHMYGOD...I will NOT let you pay $49 a yard for fabric. I'm even a little upset with $8.95 a yard for fabric. Here's what you need to do. You have two options:

All About Fabrics
1000 West Front St.
Hwy 81
Iva, SC 29655
Open April 8-10 10am to 5pm
I'm dying to go to this store but haven't had the chance yet since it's only open one weekend a month. I've heard amazing things though and they have fabric that's up to 90" wide. We're planning on going this weekend in April to get fabric to make covers for the old sofa and chair.

Tony's Discount Fabric
198D Plemmons Rd.
Duncan, SC 29334
It's the exit right after the BMW plant off I-85. I have been here before and we just got fabric to recover our headboard and make matching curtains. Nothing in the store is over $6.99 a yard and it's all 54" wide. They also have reminants in the back that are another 50% off. Most of the fabric in this store is for curtains and furniture.

Please do not think of paying that much for fabric ever again! *loves*

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP