Ketch-Up

>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You can call me slack... Slacker than slack, if you really want. I'd like to pretend it's all because I haven't been in front of a computer because my super-awesome-no holds barred life is just getting in the way. But we all know that's a lie.

First off - did I mention that my grandmother turned 90 two Saturdays ago? Oh yeah, she's 90 and only just recently had her license taken away. Bummer. I know that it's safer to have elderly with poor sight off the road...but it pulls on my heart strings because she's always been so independent! (I have been trying to make a 101 in 1001 post about visiting her but I am waiting on some photo evidence)

In other family news - my sister is (currently) going to have her baby tomorrow. They have scheduled to induce her, assuming there are beds in L&D available. It's pretty exciting (for me, at least, because I don't have to go through all the pain of pushing a 7lb human out of my va-jay-jay). I think she is excited about having her first baby, as well. All at the same time that I am excited I keep thinking "wow - is my sister really at the age to have kids? Because if that's the case then I could theoretically have my own child." And that, my friends, is just flat out wild to me. I still feel all young and carefree. I don't feel like I am old enough to seriously have a child. But that's a whole differnt story.

In other, work related news, I am currently billable (if you don't know what that means, then just take it as "somebody is paying her and not currently on the block to get laid off"). I am working out of town - which has it's ups and downs. It's nice to get out of the office and stretch your legs (and see what you've always seen on paper come to fruition) but at the same time, you're away from home. So there's that.

In sports related news, let's talk about The Saints. The Mr. has been a Saints fan for as long as I have known him - and was apparently a fan long before that as well. He's not a bandwagon fan. He didn't join The Saints crowd after Katrina because they went to first round playoffs that year. He's hardcore, Saints (well, as hardcore as you can be without watching every.single.game). Well, tickle us black and gold when The Saints beat the Vikings in OT and are now (let's all say it together) GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!! I jumped out of my chair about 6 feet in the air when the kick was good. So good, in fact, that he had room to spare. Pretty.freaking.amazing. {and this probably deserves it's own post...but we'll just save that for Superbowl Sunday}.

Speaking of Superbowl Sunday... People have always asked us here and there when we were going to host the Superbowl Party and we, in all seriousness, have always said we'll throw the party when The Saints go to the Superbowl. ...yeah, you can put two and two together. I need to find some things to make now!



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP