Weigh-In Wednesday

>> Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This week has been a good week. I've made serious, conscious efforts to do all of the following:

  • Not drink so much (i.e. no wine/liquor/beer during the week. MAYBE one on the weekend. MAYBE)
  • No more desserts until I get where I want to be
  • Portions, portions, portions! No more seconds!
  • Cut out mindless snacking - this one is hard, but I know it will get easier.
This is one of those weeks that I expected the scale to be up 2-3 pounds just from ol' mother nature. I closed my eyes when I got on the scale this morning, took a deep breath, and looked. I got back off and then got on again because I didn't believe it.

I was only up 0.2 lb from last week. Yay! And in the world of weight - that's pretty much no change from last week. Wow. So maybe next week the scale will be down? We'll see. I have to be good this weekend. We're going to visit Dauge's family down in Charleston for Easter and his parents like to make sure that we're well fed while we are there. So I'm going to have to keep a keen eye on what's getting put on my plate.

We made a pretty good pork tenderloin last night. The recipe came from Ellie Krieger who hosts "Healthy Appetite" on the Food Network. She's got some good recipes. Tomorrow night we're making Thai Halibut with Curry Sauce (or something like that). We need to eat halibut approximately once a week since we came home from Alaska with about 30 pounds of it! ...we've even given some away. It's insanity.

I'll let you know how it is. And I'll try to post the pork tenderloin recipe too.

Today? I'm pumping iron with Elvis. And getting in a good 30 minutes of cardio after that.

1 comments:

Beth April 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

I'm coming to your house for dinner :-)

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP