Weekend Recap

>> Monday, April 13, 2009

There's nothing more relaxing than a three-day weekend. Mustang gave us Good Friday off this year (and I say this year because I don't remember having it off last year...).

And to clarify when I say "gave us the day off" I mean you had to option of working 4 10 hour days OR taking 4 hours of PTO. We don't really get "days off" for free.

We woke up on Friday morning and ran a few errands while the guys worked on the retaining walls in the front yard. We packed and did a few things around the house before hitting the road and got on the road to Charleston around noon...right about the time that the sky opened up and the rain was pouring down. Come to find out the weather was nasty in the upstate this weekend (hail, torrential downpours, and the like). Charleston? It was sunny and amazing. The weather was fantastic. Dauge's cousin, who he hasn't seen in 10-15 years, is now stationed at a base close to Savannah, GA so he came up for the weekend too. Friday was low key - just hanging around, catching up, and drinking some mojitos. Yum. :)

Saturday was also low key. For me anyway. Dauge spent most of the day rewiring his parents bathroom and installing a bathroom vent. Apparently houses built in the 1960's didn't come with bathroom vents...so one desperately needed to be installed. At this time of year it's not too bad because you can open the window and shower. In January or in July - forget it. You're either freezing or sweating when you get out of the shower. I'm pretty excited about this new accomodation that the hubs installed. He did an awesome job. I wish I had a picture of how disgustingly dirty he was after it was all said and done.

Sunday we had Easter lunch with the family before we hit the road. It was delicious, but I ate entirely too much food. I think that both sets of our parents want to spoil us with food when we go home. There's always dessert and delicious side items. Everything is so yummy - but the scale doesn't think it's nearly as yummy. I had to keep telling myself the whole weekend "You'll regret that on Wednesday when you stand on that scale!"

All-in-all it was a good weekend. I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

1 comments:

Beth April 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Sounds like a good weekend to me! I just saw Dauge's thing on facebook about rewiring and have since tried to bribe him into wiring something for me....think the bribe of dinner, drinks and hot tub/pool works for you guys??? :-)

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP