Music - in my ears

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

I work in what I so lovingly call a "cube farm". We have 3 feet walls and while I'm sitting here I can look out over the rest of the floor and see everyone's smiling (or frowning - depending on the situation) faces. Lovely. Sometimes people get rowdy because they're having a good time (or not-so-good time.) Those always make us giggle when people start dropping the f-bomb every other word.

So in order to (a) get some work done and (b) keep a strong grasp on my sanity - I plug my MP3 player in quite often and listen to some pretty random music.

Here's what's coming up on the playlist in the next 5 songs:

1. Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. I download this after I watched the Johnny Cash movie. I thought that was a pretty good movie. Dauge said he didn't care for it because it wasn't "historically accurate". I think it was close. Besides - they're making a movie, not a documentary. So whatever. :)

2. The Ol' Beggars Bush by Flogging Molly. My old roommate's boyfriend burned the Flogging Molly CD's for me. I enjoy listening to them because I like the Irish/Celtic sound. If you never listened to them the lyrics usually deal with Ireland's history, drinking, politics, love and the Catholic Church. Good times.

3. Jumper by Third Eye Blind. This was a popular hit on the radio in the 90's or so. I'm sure I got this song because I heard it on the radio one day and said "I loved that song!" and then went home and immediately downloaded it.

4. Saturday by Ludacris. {I told you my music was random}. I was first introduced to this song from a "movie" my high school friend Taylor made. I'm pretty sure he was wearing a purple pimp hat in that movie he made. Everytime I hear this song, I think of him in that hat. I don't have a picture of him in the hat...but I do have a picture of him with a pocket full of cash.


5. Africa - Ceremony, Song & Ritual by Robert W. Smith. This is a "band song". It's all instrumental - so if you're into that sort of thing then this is a song for you. This was our show for marching band my freshman year in high school. It was a lot of fun on the band field. Then we convinced our young, impressionable band director that we should play it for our spring concert my senior year in high school. This would've been a much better idea if the talent level of the band hadn't been carried by the 9 or 10 seniors in the class. But we didn't do terribly - so it all worked out.

Myabe next week I'll do 5 more.

1 comments:

Molly April 2, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Oooh, Africa! We played that one for our spring concert my sophomore year in high school. Great song, and especially fun for percussionists! ;)

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP