Weigh-In Wednesday

>> Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ugh. Is it really Wednesday already?? That makes me sad.

Why? Because the scale wasn't friendly to me AGAIN.

What is the deal with this already? I started tracking my food this week, so I hope things get better. Otherwise its tempting to give up...but I don't want to give up. I want to be the skinny bitch in the kitch...

The only thing I can think of is that I had a rough weekend with food and now I'm paying for it. I was good on Monday and pretty good yesterday. I had one slip up that I knew was coming (dessert brought by some friends who came over for dinner). I knew they were bringing dessert and that I should leave some extra calories and fat for that...and I did! ...I know this doesn't happen overnight but I have been consciously working on myself since the beginning of December...4 months.

Pounds lost? 1 lb. 1 freaking pound. Just one.

Is that not frustrating? I mean W.T.F.? Throw me a bone and give me 2 pounds. Then at least I could say 1/2 a pound a month. I keep hanging out right at 157 pounds. I've lost inches. Or I did. I haven't lost any since my last measurement (I measured yesterday morning...still 42" hips. Ghetto booty.) People say 1 lb a week. I can only handle 1 pound every FOUR MONTHS!

I watch the Biggest Loser. They lose 4-10 pounds a week. Now granted they work out all.day.every.day. And I know those kind of results are not typical. Especially when I only do 30-60 minutes of cardio a day.

Should I do more cardio?
I drink a lot of water (48-72 oz/day).
I really don't know what to do. This isn't even a week where I would have expected my weight to be high.

I guess I can just keep on my futile road of weight loss and cross my fingers. It's just frustrating.

2 comments:

Amy March 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

are you doing Weight Watchers? When I hit a plateau a couple years ago my leader suggested I made sure to have my 2 tsp of healthy oils daily and it did make a difference--it was tough giving up 2 points for the oils but I would rather see the number on the scale. I have had a rough 2 weeks and don't want to weigh in tomorrow!

Lauren P March 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Hi Michelle! I've been keeping up with you and Daug (stalking you guys) for awhile now. Not sure if you remember me, but I was in the same pledge class as Daug.

I just had to post you some feel good vibes! I totally understand your frustration! I'm been losing 2 pounds only to gain one back, etc. Of course, I know my problem...I watch what I eat only about half the time. (I keep telling myself it will be better once they stop displaying all the Easter candy.)

I have 2 suggestions....keep a food journal for a week, and take it in to your trainer and see if s/he has any words of wisdom, i.e. you're staying within your calorie range, but maybe you should be eating this instead of that. Or maybe look into joining something like Weight Watchers, or something else (I only know WW's since that is what I do). They might help you get a handle on the food and what are good choices over bad ones.

Best of luck! Keep at it!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP