Sparkpeople

>> Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I decided to start seriously tracking what I was eating again. I used Sparkpeople last year to help get my eating on track and I decided to go back to it again. I knew I had to be totally honest about everything also - which if this would have been me a year or two ago I may have conveniently ignored the cup of coffee with creamer that I had. Or even ignored my few bites of cantaloupe that I had after dinner last night.

Now? I realize that every.single.thing counts. And it's the little "lies" that keep me from getting where I want to go and the progress that I want to make. So yesterday I wrote down everything I ate...including the mayo that was on my sandwich and the protein shake I had. According to the website - doing 30 minutes of cardio everyday (Mon-Thurs) my caloric range should be 1230-1580. Yesterday, I can in right under at 1563 calories. Not too shabby since I decided on a whim to watch what I was eating.

I also would like to try to skip desserts and drinks for the next two months. Everyone keeps telling me that drinking wine is better than drinking a beer. I just put into Sparkpeople red wine and beer:

Red wine (3.5 fl oz) = 74 calories
Light Beer (12 fl oz) = 103 calories

Now, let's get real - who really pours a glass of wine to exactly 3.5 fl oz? Probably no one. (And these numbers may be off slightly...it came from Sparkpeople). So you're drinking the same amount of calories (if not more) than a light beer. If I have extra calories left over at the end of the day - then I will treat myself to a drink. If I don't, then I won't. I can't. I won't get anywhere and I'll just keep spinning my wheels.

1 comments:

Jill March 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

haha, your blog is so funny! i love it! the black on black post...classic. i am def becoming a follower.

in other news, i'm getting married in 4 weeks, so i bought a notebook to keep track of calories last week, which i keep in my purse. i was easily eating 2500 a day and didn't even realize. so this week i'm keeping track and keeping under 1500. we'll see if i actually lose any weight...it's crunch time!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP