Snow!

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our little town was a winter wonderland on Sunday. Well, it actually started off as a cold, miserable winter rain that turned into even colder and perhaps more miserable winter sleet. Then as we were enjoying some wine and cooking dinner with Mark & Jean - huge (and I mean HUGE) snow flakes were falling. We ventured out into the neighborhood while it was merely sleeting and the roads were really slushy. We all thought that was going to be the extent of the "snow" that upstate SC was going to see.


Boy, were we wrong! We ended up with 6.5" of snow! I don't think I have ever seen that much snow in.my.life. Except for in people pictures... First of all, I couldn't imagine this being a weekly or even bi-weekly occurrence - although I'm sure if I used to live in upstate New York like the nice folks two doors down we'd have a different ball game.

Slightly blurry, but cute picture of us in front of our house all bundled up. This is before the REAL snow showed up!

Mark and Jean's driveway.

Mark had to hop a flight to Texas bright and early Monday morning. I think the flight left at 6:30am? We all swore up and down that there was no way our little airport would be prepared for this. And surely there was no way the runway would be clear at 6:30 in the morning. Boy, were we wrong! He left on time and left this world of snow for something like 85 degree weather in the middle.of.no.where Texas.

But Sunday night as Dauge and I were heading back to our house to get ready for bed (and work...boo!) We told Mark and Jean that they just had to come outside! We ended up building a little snow man and then we tried to make a couple other snowmen but the balls of snow were so big we couldn't pick them up! Trent and Jennifer were out and about too, so the six of us played in the snow and acted like kids for about an hour. Trent rolled a snow ball all the way down the street and it was probably 5 or 6 feet in diameter. It was ridiculous!


L to R: Dauge, me, Trent, Jennifer, Mark, and Jean

1 comments:

Megan March 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Your house is so pretty. I wish snow was rare where I live :(

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP