Go Green!

>> Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Daugenet and I are working our way down the road of going green. It's something important to both of us, but he has far more time to research things to do around the house. We've already got some projects in the works including our wrap-n-mat sandwich pouches. I was pretty skeptical at first, but I love those things! They are so convenient and to be honest I never gave much thought to how long it takes for plastic baggies to biodegrade in a land fill.

We also have a rain barrel to put in the back yard. I was very much frowning on this large obstruction sitting in our yard, but the compromise was that he found one collapsible. Great! Now I won't have to have a wine barrel in my back yard essentially hooked to my gutters.

We're also looking into the new 2010 Prius, buying bikes - for fitness and the environment. We're tree huggers. We visit treehugger.com. There's no denying the fact that we love the earth and we're all about doing something to save it! :) One compact flourescent at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP