Update

>> Saturday, February 2, 2008

Well, it's been quite some time since I updated this thing. My invites are in progress! Yes! I have cut everything except for 2/3 of the accommodation cards and all of the direction cards are left. That's not too shabby. I've set a goal of Feb. 10 to finish that by, which is quite do-able since I have all of next weekend to take care of that.

This weekend, in the world of wedding-related activities... I am putting a deposit down with the florist. All calla lilies - which I am quite excited about. Daugenet and I will have mango calla's and the bridesmaids will have white and mango and everyone else will have white. I'm stoked to see them in person!

I am also going to hopefully nail down a baker this weekend. I have an appointment today with a baker. I've had an appointment with them before, but they "forgot" about me. I figured one more chance wouldn't hurt. This time I sent them a picture of my cake and requested that the sample cake have the same design on it (so I can see what they do) and specified the flavor, filling and icing. I can't believe they don't allow you to actually SAMPLE their cake flavors - but whatever. It's just cake, right? Would I be this anal about a birthday cake? No. So it's really not that big of a deal. Below is the picture I sent them.

My parents picked up some centerpieces for the reception. They were cheap at Belk - which I am always a huge fan of cheap. They look great. They weren't what I originally wanted, but in the end - who is going to walk away and say "Everything so was wonderful, except those centerpieces were hideous!"? I doubt anyone, because they're not hideous - just not what I had invisioned.

We have also decided to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in lieu of favors at the wedding. I am excited about this too because my mom has been fighting cancer since last summer, but she's been doing everything she can to help me out with the wedding planning. She is an amazing and strong woman!


Now I need to find the wedding band that I want...or find someone who can make it or order it for me. So if you have any ideas - let me know! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP