What’ll ya have?

>> Saturday, July 14, 2012

We found out on July 6 that the mini-me inside of me is actually a mini-D inside of me!  We’re having a little boy!  I am excited to meet him and learn more about his personality. 
21 weeks.jpg 
Since The Mr. has been traveling, he hasn’t gotten to “experience” as much of the pregnancy.  Fact of the matter is that nothing has really been different over the last few months.  I get tired earlier, hungry faster, and drink a ton of water.  Otherwise, it’s life as usual here at the house.   

Over the last week, I have started feeling him move more.  It’s pretty cool to feel him squirm in there. 

I’ve also started to show more and pack on a couple of extra pounds.  While The Mr. was home last weekend, he got to feel him move.  I was very excited about him being able to feel him, too. 



22 weeks 
Check it out – there’s a little bump there!  I’ve been working hard for 22 week to get a little something to show for it!



As far as the rest of the pregnancy goes, I feel like I should do a run down of the FAQ’s I get pretty often.

I feel great.  I have actually felt pretty great all along.  I have had a couple of days of just extreme tiredness – especially in the first trimester.  I have also had a few episodes of incredible headaches with only Tylenol to help me cope.  I still can’t exactly figure out what the trigger for them is – but chugging water, rubbing my shoulders, and sitting in a dark place don’t help.  The headache just has to pass on it’s own free will. 

The only times I thought I was going to toss my cookies were if I took my vitamin on an empty stomach or if I got too hungry.  That and the shear exhaustion from jet lag on the way back from Malaysia.  I was pretty sure that Monday was going to result in some lost lunch.  I also caught a little stomach bug and was green for a few days….but I don’t think I can blame that one on the boy. 

My skin is a zit factory.  There’s no controlling it.  I give up.  Welcome to the teen years.

Still running.  I am not exercising quite as often – but I am still exercising.  I think if I made it more of a priority, I could still exercise as often as I was.  I just remind myself that I  have a lot of things I’d like to do around the house before the little one arrives and I am only one person.  I can still do 5 milers – but only about one a week now instead of multiple times a week.  That’s fine by me.  I just want to be in shape and have a little bit of endurance for when the laboring time comes.  For some reason in my head, I think that it’ll help.  I’m probably really just fooling myself.

I can’t say I’ve had any true cravings.  There are times when things just sound good…but if I don’t have it, I don’t feel like I’m going to wither and die or anything.  Sometimes things just sound good.  I’ve been trying not to feed the sweet tooth as much as it’s asking to be fed.  That’s really my biggest food complaint.  Pre-pregnancy, I could keep this sweet tooth in check.  Now it’s tough! 

I am going to try to keep checking in and documenting all of this for the future…  I can’t let life get in the way of stepping back and reflecting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP