Today's Tidbits ...

>> Friday, April 30, 2010

...from sunny windy California.

First:
The weather here can't make up it's mind. Blistering on Monday and constant winds since then. And I mean constant. All in the double digit mph. I need someone to build me a hut out there in the wide open spaces. More wind tomorrow... might make me want to throw my papers in the air and go sit in the car.

Second:
Some guy in the hot tub tonight asked where I was from...and when I told him SC, he said "You sound like it." He's apparently never met anyone else from SC, especially my friend Trent who has a southern drawl like you wouldn't believe. Trent also believed that "might as well" (pronounced 'mis-well') was one word. He's southern. Almost hick. (But I still reign supreme on being more country than he is...he said so himself.)

And then hot tub guy tried to convince me the biscuits and gravy at the hotel are good - there's not even sausage in the gravy! It should be a cardinal sin to not have sausage in your white gravy. He said "But there are little sausage patties on the breakfast bar." WTF, man - it is NOT the same. These people have no idea what they are missing!

Third:
Another woman in the hot tub said she's from Mexico and has lived here 2 years. She was telling me she doesn't vote because "It doesn't count." Well, if I had to guess - it doesn't count for you since the chances of you being a citizen are like 20%. Just sayin'.

I'm sure I'll have some more brilliance tomorrow.

post signature

2 comments:

Amy April 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

...this post was made with awesome.

Cheerful Homemaker May 6, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Why the face wouldn't you put sausage in the gravy? I don't understand! I'm so glad I had more of a southern upbringing.

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP