Powder Room Makeover

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We have a powder room (or 1/2 bath) in our foyer. It's the only bathroom that we have on the first floor of the house - so we wanted it to not only be a nice room since our guests see it, but I also needed some storage for a sponge and some extra TP. Because there's nothing worse than (a) having a dirty sink that you notice seconds before guests arrive and no "emergency sponge"! and (b) having your guest run out of TP...

The Mr. got excited about the reno, so he pulled the sink out before I could get pictures. I went ahead and pull the old mirror out so it didn't get accidentally broken when the sink came out, and I took the shelf down too. So the before pictures are of the naked bathroom with our sample wall color on the walls.


Before:

After:
I decided to start the "after" pictures with the faucet. This is the Kingsley from Moen in brushed nickel. We got the matching towel and paper holder as well. I'm pleased with the product (Moen installation instructions left a lot to be desired though.)

The vanity is the Archer by Kohler.

Light fixture: Lowe's. Mirror: Garden Ridge. Wall Color: SW Respite (SW 6514)

Another vanity shot.

And finally, with the left side of the bathroom all spruced up, there was no way I could put the old shelf back over the toilet. It didn't even match! So I fixed that problem. With three coats of SW Tricorn Black (SW 6258), it looked as good as new!

I apologize for the blurry picture...I'm not sure what happened. It was quite difficult getting good pictures in such a small little bathroom.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think!!



post signature

7 comments:

Molly August 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Very pretty! I'm a sucker for a well-done bathroom. :-)

Hello August 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

Great job. love the colors.

Roeshel August 6, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Wow! So pretty! Love the color and the vanity - every detail! Great job!

Megan August 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Cute! Makes me want to (finally) finish ours this weekend and I think i will!

Jill August 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

i love it! i am so jealous of your decorating talent!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP