Just Like New...

>> Thursday, August 20, 2009

When The Mr. moved into his first home, his parents had just found two very old desks. They gave one of them to him. Apparently it came from The Citadel - but we don't know what whole story. It sat in the back bedroom and we never really thought anything of it. When we moved across the state and into our new house the desk came with us of course.

When we moved into this new house, we had the task of figuring out where to put everything. I had ditched my old desk when we moved out of my apartment since it was so rough and beat up. We repurposed our living room as a "craft room" and put the old desk in there as my working space. Here it is before:

DSC_0315.jpg picture by mlharrold

This is the top...it has seen better days.
DSC_0316.jpg picture by mlharrold

I stripped and sanded down the old desk. I didn't take any in progress pictures because at times I just found myself to be frustrated with that whole process - but here's me beginning to stain the desk. Behind me is a new desk that we also purchased to put into the craft room - so of course it needs some stain too.


...rocking my circa 2002 Tiger Band t-shirt. The following year's t-shirts were not nearly as cool, comfortable, or "shakin' the southland" as this one. I love this shirt and will keep it until it falls to pieces. :)

Here are the afters:

Old Desk:
Top of the old desk: (remember the top of it before? Scroll back up - it looks awesome now!)

Both desks in the room:


The room isn't finished quite yet - I still want to get some floating shelves to put on the wall, some sort of stand to sit between the desks so I have an L-shaped working space...and then I can get the printer off that desk, some magnetic strips, and a new book case to deal with all that clutter. I'll show you more one it's finished!

post signature

3 comments:

Lauren P August 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

That is my favorite Tiger Band shirt!!! I too will rock it until it falls apart.

Amanda August 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Beautiful!! I love the stain color!

Jennifer August 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Looks great! I love the dark stain!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP