What's in a name?

>> Thursday, June 25, 2009

Okay, blogger people. I have a short vent. I am STILL fighting my IT group to have my name changed in all places at my place of work. This is ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. I've been married for a year now. They knew I was getting married when I started working at this place. What.The.Heck. Seriously.

Here's what I got from my IT group when I asked them to change my name:

You were right, the account is still under Michelle {maiden name}

It’s easier to keep the account as it is. If you don’t mind keeping it this way it would be easier on my end.

Easier on your end? I bet its easier on your end because you don't have to do a damned thing if you just convince me to be effing complacent.

Here is my response:

I would actually prefer for this account (and all of my other accounts, computer, etc) to have my name changed on them. I didn’t realize it was going to be such a pain to have my name, user names, account logins, etc changed after I got married. I didn’t have this much trouble getting my name changed with the government (both social security office and passport) so I didn’t think it would be that difficult to have it changed with my IT group here at the office. In fact, I was assured that there would be no problems a year ago before the wedding.

How is this handled with others who have gotten married or divorced and also requested their name to be changed? I feel certain that there have been many requests for name changes in the past 10 years of the company.

...what happened next?

The IT guy called. Asked me if I was pissed off and why I was pissed off (wtf. wouldn't YOU want YOUR name changed?) And then immediately fixed everything that I have been fighting to get fixed for the last year. Now really, was it truly that hard? This makes me cranky.

post signature

2 comments:

d.a.r. June 29, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Wow, that is ridiculous!!! I'm glad you finally got someone to take care of it, but that is insane they made it so difficult!

Cheerful Homemaker June 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

It amazes me how insensitive some people are. I've been dealing with this much longer than when I changed my name. My first name is confusing to some people. They think it's 'no big deal' if they constantly mispronounce it and think I won't mind.

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP