Our house...

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

...in the middle of our street!

One year ago today, we closed on this beauty. The keys were handed over and The Mr. and I headed off to grab the U-Haul and start unloading into our new abode! It was quite an emotional time for both of us. We were still excited to be married AND be new homeowners, nervous and slightly stressed about the sale of the house in Charleston, sad because my grandmother was passing away, but all still looking towards many happy and fruitful years ahead.

So I have decided to re-cap what we have accomplished over the past year in our new house:

  • Installed 7 ceiling fans
  • Replaced the light fixtures in the breakfast nook & dining room
  • Replace the foyer & hall light fixtures
    {side note: everything in the house is/was brass. It was a "few bucks" to upgrade to brushed nickel and we didn't care for their options. So we used our HD wedding gift cards and bought us some nice ones!}
  • Mounted two TV's on the wall
  • Epoxy'd the garage floor {because we knew our cars leaked oil}
  • Organized "man-land" {aka the garage}
  • Stained and finished our kitchen table and 4 chairs
  • Stained and finished two plant stands
  • Framed art and hung it around the house
  • Had surround sound installed in the family room
  • Hung blinds for all the windows
  • Hung curtains in the front bedroom and master bedroom
  • Had a patio installed
  • Had retaining walls installed in the front yard
  • Completed front yard landscaping (3 trees, lots of shrubs, flowers, and fillers later)
  • Recovered the dining room chairs
I think that's everything...I'm sure I'm missing something or other. I wish I had a picture that went with everything. I should probably work on that one...

So with all of that done, what's next? Some paint and hardwood flooring are the next things on our list. I'll keep you posted!


post signature

5 comments:

Rachel Ann June 23, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

I'm impressed!

In one year, I have pained half of my living room, and half of my dining room (they are works in progress). And all of my artwork is still sitting in frames, leaned up against a wall.

Angie June 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Wow, you guys have been busy! You should definitely post some pictures. :)

Cheerful Homemaker June 24, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

That's a lot in one year! We aren't ready to do a lot inside, so we've been focusing on making sure it looks nice from outside.

Amy June 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

You've done lots of stuff!

But still no mention of what you're doing for post 100

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP