...My Husband Rocks...

>> Friday, June 5, 2009

source

That is a picture of the two turbines in El Paso that he helped get up and running. He works in Automation and Controls - so he has to make all the devices and computers talk to each other. I've tried to learn a little bit about it - but its over my head.

The El Paso Times printed an article about the job. Of course the contractor (him and his coworkers) was not mentioned but contractors never are. All the sweat, none of the glory. ha!

I'm sure the people of El Paso who are now receiving power from these turbines don't care who worked on the job - but I'm awfully proud of my husband. He worked a lot of long hours to meet the deadlines that his parent company set forth. The deadlines were very unrealistic and resulted in the team he was on working 100 hour work weeks back in February and March and then spending 4 very.long.weeks. in El Paso making these things work.

But they did it. They met the deadline and Mr.'s parent company got the $1 million bonus for having the system online early. ...too bad we don't get to see any of that cool one million.

So if you know anyone who lives in El Paso or if you live in El Paso, my hubby hooked you up with some power!

post signature

3 comments:

Beth June 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Awesome! You up for that 5K yet?? :-)

Jill June 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

that's so great!!! my dad is an electrical engineer who designs and oversees the construction of coal-fired power plants. he is constantly talking about his contractors and praising them. it has taught me to to do the same (even if the contractors on my projects are only putting some pipe underground lol). but anyways, lots of people notice and obviously your hubby's parents got the bid because others have noticed how great their work is. if i ever go to el paso, i'll know who gave me power haha.

Cheerful Homemaker June 6, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

Don't you hate when you do all the work and someone else gets all the glory?

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP