Today is a Good Day

>> Monday, May 18, 2009

I know, it's Monday. And Mondays are always tough because the weekends are soooooo relaxing.

Actually, the past two weekends I've been a masochist and I've wanted to go back to work so I could have someone to interact with. The silence in the house with the Mr. gone has been almost torture. (Almost, sometimes it was nice to sit on the couch with the TV off and relax).

I was slack this weekend and didn't mow the lawn - but two points in my defense: 1. it rained a lot this weekend and 2. I told the Mr. I'd do it tonight so it'll be okay.

And onto the topic of why today is going to be a good day. The Mr. has been on the road since April 30th. And by on the road, I mean he's been in El Paso starting up some turbines at a power plant, which is conveniently called "El Paso Power" if I remember correctly.

Ironically, I think he said they had to drive like 20 minutes to get mexican food - which seems a little bizarre considering they could throw a rock into Mexico from El Paso. Here, in SC, you can almost throw a rock and hit a mexican joint.

But, I digress. He's coming home today. Yay! He's on the plan now and will arrive here in G-Vegas around 2pm. He said he's going to go into work and make some more dinero (aka fill out his expense report). So I'll see him this evening when I get home from work.

I also went to the gym this morning for a run. The mental part of the running is what it getting me. I can be feeling fine, a little winded (but not terrible) and my brain thinks "Oh, you're tired. You've been running a while so you should walk." And then I do. But I don't need to. A little frustrating. So this morning I tried to push through it all by thinking "I'll run to 1.5 miles." And once I get there I'll think "I'll get to 15 minutes.", etc. So I did good this morning. I walked the last 10 minutes to cool down and made it a total of 2.5 miles in 32 minutes. That's a lot faster than I thought I could run. So my goal of running (and not walking at all) for a 5k is totally attainable. ...and my goal of losing these next 7 lb is totally attainable too. Rock on!


post signature

1 comments:

Amy May 18, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Yay for the hubs coming home! And double yay for the workout goal achievements! Sad we couldn't go running this past weekend, but the rain was nice in it's own way, too, I think. =)

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP