Wednesday Weigh-In

>> Thursday, April 30, 2009

...on Thursday.

But it's okay because I really did weigh myself yesterday. I just never had a chance to post about it. We'll make it snappy.

Last week: 154.6 lb
This week: 155.2 lb

And I'm okay with that because I did NO cardio last week. I got back on the treadmill on Monday after taking a full 7 day break (which I think I needed). But I'm back on the bandwagon.

I've found a class at the gym that's a real challenge to me. And I mean real challenge. I went to Elvis's Intense Body this morning at 6am. I'm not so sure intense is the right word. But if they called it "Brutal" or "Ridiculous" or "You'll probably want to puke about halfway though" I don't think anyone would come.

As intense as it was, I think I may go a few more times. It's a fast paced weight lifting/cardio workout. Very much in line with a weight loss workout - which is what I want to do, right? That workout (minus that sick to the stomach feeling I had) was 100 times better than a cup of coffee. I'm pumped about it right now. I might hate myself tomorrow or the next time I go. I couldn't keep up with the rest of the class - which was frustrating. But it was also my first time and apparently they are all regulars because they know each other and were chatting it up.

So here's to 6am workouts and showers at the gym. And here's to my new found motivation to not suck at that class.



post signature

2 comments:

Lynsey Kaye April 30, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

Sounds great. I love finding new and challenging gym classes. I hate, however, when you go for the first couple of times and you are the odd man out because everyone else knows each other.

Amy April 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Oh man, do they allow a "bring a friend to gym day"??

When I go home I'm going to try to go to water aerobics -- though, it's really a bunch of older women. I haven't been able to do much cardio or anything this week since it's exams.

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP