I am a Mrs!

>> Thursday, June 19, 2008

So, I got very slack about posting here. Things got extremely busy between when I last posted and now. So I'll fill in the holes...

I started working 50 hour weeks mid-February, but it really didn't "hit" until the end of March when all of my work was due. Between working those kinds of hours, trying to plan the wedding, and trying to keep up with all of the things going on with the new house that's being built...I couldn't keep up!

The Mr. moved to Greenville at the end of April - which has been awesome. Having him here gave me extra time to take care of things that needed to be done around the apartment or for the wedding. An extra set of hands goes a long way! He started his new job at MAC - which is a part of the same company I work for, but not really. It's pretty confusing...but at the end of the day, we don't work in the same office or for the same people. And our benefits are different...so it's like we work for two separate companies.

So fast-forward about 6 weeks. The Mr. and I got married and it was wonderful! The weather was perfect, everyone had a fantastic time, and best of all - we're married! There were no major hiccups... The priest did forget our names, mispronounced The Mr.'s name (go figure) and then mispronounced our new last name...go figure, again. And the best story of all - his mom forgot her dress in Charleston. So she had to drive back to get it. They weren't late for the wedding...they got there about 2:45pm. Everything was great though. We laughed and had a great time. Afterwards we kept saying "I wish I had talked to so and so longer..."

We did a mini-moon to Charleston for two nights. We stayed at the Mills House Hotel in downtown on Meeting Street. It was *awesome*! We got upgraded to the executive floor because The Mr. is apparently a "gold card member" with Marriott. We had breakfast delivered to our door both mornings, they turned our bed down at night, and gave us some chocolate (which I know a lot of people do). We spent the morning walking through the Market downtown. We bought a few things for our new house that we've always had our eye on in Charleston. Afterwards we ate lunch at a place called Tropical Toast which was right down the street from the Mills House Hotel. The food was great! I ate the best Philly Cheese Steak I've ever had. Our plan was for us to go to the beach in the afternoon to just relax and enjoy the sun...but mother nature had another plan. It started raining after lunch and continued into the evening. It was sad, but we still had a great time with each other.

Our "official" honeymoon is at the end of August. We are taking a 2 week trip to Alaska. We are flying into Anchorage and then driving around the state. The Mr. has planned the whole trip and has had free reign to choose what he would like to do. He's asked me for my opinion a few times...but overall he's been our travel agent. I'm really looking forward to going out there. It's going to be an awesome trip!!

As for now...we're back to work as normal. Closing on our new house next Friday and moving out of my hole-in-the-wall apartment the same day. I am excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP