The Floors: (almost) Finished Product

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

The flooring guys finished up on Friday afternoon around 4pm.

Why didn't I post pictures before now? Oh, because we've made approximately six trips to Home Depot for various items, caulked the baseboards and shoe, filled the nail holes with wood putty, painted half the base board in the house, painted the stair facings, painted the stair trim, and finally went to a frat function on Saturday night (not a kegger...but an actual, like, function). haha.

We were busy! I hardly came up for air (or the internets for that matter)

Let's just say that sitting on wood floors for almost two days straight makes your booty hurt.

So here's what it looks like after everything was in, but before we got started painting. I will wait to share total "after" pictures with you once the house is put back together again!




{I am easily pleased - this fireplace detail is one of my favorite parts!}


What do you think? What kind of flooring do you prefer in a home?

post signature

5 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker April 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Your floors look incredible! I am a huge fan of the hardwood. :)

Desiree Lynn April 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

They look beautiful. I need to come visit and see them in real life!

Mike July 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

The floors look great. I just purchased the same wood for the first floor of our home. How has the flooring held up for you guys so far?

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP