The Morning Room

>> Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We've been doing some painting around the house lately. We knew we wanted a vivid color in the morning room (or technically we use it as a breakfast nook - but that's neither here nor there). We picked out this picture on the wall shortly after we moved into the house.

It has a terrible glare on it in the picture I took - so here's a better look at it:

(Image source: Jim Booth's gallery)

It's called Lowcountry Sunset by Jim Booth. When The Mr. lived in Charleston, sometimes he would take me to a bench overlooking the marsh and we'd either watch the sunrise or the sunset. This picture definitely captures one of the many things we loved about Charleston - and so we knew it was something we wanted to have in our home.

So when choosing a color for the morning room - which is where this lovely picture resides - we knew we wanted to use a color out of the sunset. We chose to go one shade darker than the kitchen - so we picked Sherwin Williams Torchlight. We had it color matched into Glidden paint - but after this painting experience, I'll never use Glidden again. I've never had such a difficult time getting good coverage on the walls.

So without further ado:





The room is still a little empty and lacking in the decor department - but I wanted to share the color with you because I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out.

I know I need to replace that awesome Clemson floor mat with something that, well, "matches". And I would like to put a roman shade up on the patio door - I just need some help picking out the fabric.

So what do you suggest I do with this room? What else should I add in here to make it feel like like it's complete?

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown February 16, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

I like the gun (?) by the back door too :)

d.a.r. February 16, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

Ooooh it is gorgeous, I love it!!

Cheerful Homemaker February 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Don't feel bad, we have a Mizzou bathmat in our bathroom. We were having company last weekend, so I threw it in the tub and shut the curtain. It definitely made our bathroom look more grownup!

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP