Mr. Muscles

>> Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Let me being this post with a disclaimer. I'm not a huge fan of body building. I think the huge, veiny muscles are kind of gross... But with that said, I have known Elvis for a year and a half now and training for a year. {I took a 6 month hiatus after the wedding and moving into our new house.}

Elvis asked me to go to his body building competition but I didn't have anyone to go with. A girl who trains immediately after me named Susie asked me to be her "date". So of course I said yes! Why not support the guy who has support my weight loss/get in shape journey over the past year. He's been really supportive so it was truly the least I could do.

I took a bunch of pictures for two reasons:

1. Because people think I'm kidding when I say I work out with a guy named Elvis who is a 300 pound black man.
2. I thought he would like some pictures of him competing and his wife had her hands full with their two kids. Whew - she's a patient woman!

Elvis weighed in at 258 pounds when he got to the show on Saturday morning. That puts him in the super heavy weight class.

It was him and another guy. The other guy was named Matt Lock. Yeah, like "Matlock" the 1986 TV series. I laughed out loud when they introduced him...good thing his music was loud because the couple sitting right next to me were apparently friends with him (oops)!

Let me share some pictures of Elvis with you first:


Front double bicep
(I learned the names of some of the poses while I was there. ha!)

Chest, thigh, and bicep

Back double bicep


Chest, thigh, and tricep

Tricep and back


Bulging Bicep
{Not a technical name}



Lats {I think}


A side-by-side with ol' "Matlock"

Who do you think won?
Leave a comment and I'll tell you who won tomorrow!

I'll leave you with this picture of Malcom. He is also a trainer at my gym. This was one of my favorite pictures because I thought it was very graceful and a little more pleasing to the eye than some guy squeezing his biceps to hard he looks like his eyes are going to pop out of his head. So here's Malcom.


post signature

6 comments:

Lauren P June 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Lawdy! They aren't waring much clothing! I'm thinking Elvis won, Matlock doesn't have very good look abs.

Lauren P June 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

I totally can't spell...that should be wearing!

Cara June 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

WOAH! My cousin does these (female division) and the first time I went I thought it was hilarious when they turned around to do the back poses and people yelled "Get it!!". I definitely admire her dedication, and these guys!

Beth June 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Eww, I don't like muscles either! Yes, I vote Elvis won.

Lynsey Kaye June 10, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

I also think that Elvis won. Matt doesn't have much on Elvis. :)

Are those abs that Matt has?? I can't tell what's going on in his midsection. Haha.

Amy June 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

I agree, Elvis.

Also, I think I would be incredibly intimidated to work out a man that looked like that. Even more so, I agree with your comment on BOO MUSCLES, because while I like a man toned, I don't wanna spend my nights cuddling with a rock...

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP