Goals

>> Monday, December 15, 2008

So, as promised, here is my follow up post about my weight loss goals...

Short-Term Goals
1. Maintain weight until the New Year (hard to lose with so many goodies around!)
2. Don’t over do it on “Goodie Day” at work or at Christmas dinner.
3. Stop going back for seconds at dinner. If I get seconds, only get vegetables.
4. Go to the gym at least three times per week.
5. Walk 8,000 steps per day (one day I'd like to do 10,000 per day)

Long-Term Goals
1. Lose 1 ½” – 2” on my hips by the end of January
2. Lose another 7 lbs by March
3. Weigh 145 lbs by June (That's a total of 12 lbs to lose...)
4. Exercise, at a minimum, 3 times per week

I also decided to make myself a daily "check off" list. I need to assign some sort of award to it - like if I get "x" amount of points per week then I can "blank". I'm not sure what the points are or what the reward will be... Here's what I have so far.

○ Take stairs (2 points per time)
○ Drink 8 oz of water (2 points per 8 oz)
○ Walk 5000 steps (2 points per 5000 steps per day)
○ Decline doughnuts (or other treats provided in office) (4 points)
○ Bring my own lunch (3 points)
○ Skip dessert (5 points) - this one might be really, really hard for me!

If there are any suggestions to add to the list to challenge myself then by all means - let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave this girl some love!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP